Read Time:2 Minute, 58 Second
Raising your social media game is critical if you wish to make a name in your industry, find your audience, and start dominating the competition. The question is, how can you successfully create social media ads that convert into business? In this article, we’re going to focus specifically on CTAs; what are CTA (Call to Action) and why are they so important for social ads?
What is a CTA?
A CTA, or ‘Call to Action’, is a snippet of text, a link, or a button that is designed to inspire action. It tells people what they need to do next.
CTAs typically take the form of action verbs, such as “Buy Now”, “Sign Up”, or “Ring the Bell” – thus leading the prospect into the next stage of your marketing funnel.
It might sound silly, but without a call to action, how will your prospects know what to do next?
We, humans, are an inherently clever bunch, but when it comes to the way we interact with advertising, all of those smarts go out the window!
Without a CTA on your adverts, most people will scroll on. Yes, a few curious prospects may click on the advert and see where it leads, however, your conversions will be very low.
That said, with a well-written call to action that tells people exactly what action to take next, you’ll have a much higher chance of converting those clicks into paying customers.
The fact is, we are well-accustomed to the way the online world works, so when we see adverts that don’t have a clear CTA, we assume that there’s no action that needs to be taken; that the purpose of the ad was to simply inform.
How to create an awesome CTA?
With all that in mind, how can you create an awesome CTA bound for high conversions?
- Engaging design: if your CTA blends in with the ad design, you’ll be missing out on maximum conversions. You need to combine multiple elements that match your brand styles, such as fonts, shapes, and colours, and make sure that the CTA pops from the page and draws the eye.
- Actionable copy: you need to find a healthy balance between concision, clarity, and instruction. Sure, “Download Now” works, but “Claim Yours for FREE” is better!
- Create a sense of urgency: is this a one-off promotion? Do you have limited stock? If so, you need to communicate that sense of urgency to your readers. You can use words like “limited” or “exclusive”.
- Make a promise and deliver: the modern consumer does not like being deceived so if you are making promises in your ads and CTAs, make sure that you deliver the goods!
- A straightforward path to conversion: just as the CTA is important, make sure that your landing page is equally as clear. There must be a very obvious and straightforward path to conversion – and don’t forget to add another CTA at the bottom of your landing page!
- Analyse your data: Finally, you need to split test and see which CTAs work best for you. Using data analytics you can easily measure your success and make the relevant changes as your social media marketing campaign progresses.
Conclusion: Lead the way
As you can see, CTAs are a critical part of social media advertising. So, find yourself a well-established Facebook advertising agency, leverage their expertise, and watch as those customers start rolling in!